Water damage homes and buildings have become an increasing problem for millions of people throughout the United States. In fact, we have a crisis when it comes to mold and other contaminants that have rapid growth in homes and buildings. Thus creating sick homes and sick buildings. The Occupational Safety and Health (OSHA) tells us that more than a quarter of the U.S. buildings are water damaged with mold issues.
There is an overwhelming number of people whose health are being impacted by exposure to water damage buildings with mold, bacteria, biotoxins and many more contaminants found in the indoor environment. Many people are seriously affected and sickened, and stay sickened by exposure to water damage buildings. The World Health Organization (WHO)confirms that “Toxicological evidence obtained in vivo and in vitro supports these findings, showing the occurrence of diverse inflammatory and toxic responses after exposure to microorganisms including their spores, metabolites and components isolated from damp buildings.”
Mold growth is based on water activity. Water activity is the amount of water available in a given material on which mold can grow. There are different water requirements that allow various mold types to thrive. Some molds need high amounts of water to grow, and then there are others that can grow with very little moisture, such as in high relative humidity. Some molds can even grow based only on a relative humidity as low as 60%. The U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) suggest ideal levels of relative humidity in a home to be between 30-50%.
How do you know if you have mold in your home? There are many ways that mold can grow, and they are all based on moisture (water). Moisture can come from many different sources: a pipe leak, water intrusion from a rain storm, condensation (water that collects as droplets on a cold surface when it is in contact with humid air), and/or high relative humidity.
Do You Have a Water Problem in Your Home? If you have a water problem in your home, keep in mind that it is critical to dry it within 24 hours. The drying process is extremely important. Drying is an art and a science. If there is a large volume of water then it would be appropriate to have a professional company perform the drying. Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) indicates certain molds have the ability to grow within 24 to 48 hours; if not properly dried mold will grow. Mold can be very elusive, typically molds can be hidden behind walls, cabinets, furniture and under carpets.
The key to finding mold is to follow the moisture. Where did it originate from and migrate to? The use of an infrared camera and moisture meter would be the best way to determine where current moisture issues are located. Also, look for other foot prints such as, water staining, paint peeling, buckling and separation of building materials, and unusual substances. These footprints are indications of water damage where a high percentage of the time mold sources are located. Furthermore, if there is a musty smell in the home that is an indication of mold growing.
Improve the air quality in your home with our quality products
Separate Circuit Process
The entire installation is seamless and needs no changes to your A/C unit.
From testing to installation the entire process takes less than 2 hours.
Made in the USA
Our products are made in the USA & based in FL near our manufacturer.
We stand behind our products, and if you’re not happy, we’re not happy.
A testing protocol concept was used which included a “Sneeze Simulation Machine” and “Sneeze” chamber. A sneeze can travel at up to 100 mph, so lung capacity, sneeze pressure, and liquid volume had to be taken into consideration to properly simulate a human sneeze. This was accomplished and the test proceeded with outstanding results. An average of 99% reduction of sneeze germs was achieved with PHI/ REME® in a double blind test, at three feet from the sneeze source.
Hydro-peroxides have been a common part of our environment for over 3.5 billion years. There is no known case of hydro-peroxides ever creating a health risk. For over 20 years more than one million RGF advanced oxidation products have successfully been used worldwide without any safety issues.
Ionized-hydro-peroxides are very effective at destroying harmful microbial in the air and on surfaces. As oxidants, they do this by either destroying the microbe through a process known as cell lysing or by changing its molecular structure and rendering it harmless as is the case in VOCs and odors. The amount of hydro-peroxides required to accomplish this task in an air-conditioned space is well below the level that is in the outside air. Typical outdoor levels of hydro-peroxides run between .01ppm and .03ppm. The REME-HALO® can bring the hydro-peroxide level in a home up to no higher than .02ppm. This is well below the EPA safety guideline of 1ppm.
Answer these quick questions to prepare us for your indoor air quality evaluation.